Hi friend! My name is Lauren, and it is a distinct pleasure to welcome you to my corner of D.I.Y. heaven, The Thinking Closet. This may look like a blog, but really, it’s a space for letting your creativity splish, splash, and spill. Because creativity is messy…and I’m very creative. (I have a hunch you are, too.)
I started The Thinking Closet in September 2012 soon after we moved from Columbus, Ohio to Orlando, Florida. And what began as a creative outlet quickly grew into so much more, and it’s all thanks to the incredible community of readers who inspire me to share – – teach – – and empower. And I’m delighted to have you along for the ride!
Here are a few favorites to get you started:
- The Beginner’s Guide to Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
- 30 Last Minute DIY Gifts for Your Valentine
- Burp Cloth Tutorial for the Beginner Sewist
- 20 Punny Halloween Costume Ideas
- Wood Pallet Sign Tutorial
Posts I Loved Writing:
- How to Build a Loyal Blog Following Through Storytelling
- Welcome to My Journaling Bible: heART in the Margins
- One Change I Made That Is Bringing Me More Balance
- Choose Your Own Adventure: Fall House Tour
- The Art of the Surprise Note
Lauren on Video:
- Flip-Through Video Tour of My Journaling Bible
- 5 Non-Digital Activities to Refuel Your Creativity
- Weekly Monday Night Dance Parties on Periscope
- 31 Questions Birthday Video
- No-Sew T-Shirt Yarn Infinity Scarf
Hungry for More?
Feel free to dive into my full project gallery for a complete catalog of my creations. Or my gallery devoted solely to projects created with my Silhouette machine (and there are quite a lot, let me tell you!).
Learn more about me than you ever wanted to know by checking out my “About” page. (Silly photos guaranteed.)
And when I’m not whipping up something craft-tastic, you can usually find me here:
If you’d like to stay in the loop on new posts plus receive a FREE Printable Pack for my 12 Months of Pre-Planned Dates Gift, I’d be giddy with glee if you subscribed to receive email updates in your inbox. You can choose to receive them once a week or whenever a new post is published; your choice!
Thanks so much for dropping by. Now, let’s get messy!