Remember the denim skirt I made for my sister, Lisbeth? The one from my Easy Denim Skirt Tutorial for the Beginner Sewist?
Well, I promised pictures, and here they are. Brace yourself for amazingness:
I think I literally gasped when I saw these for the first time. She has just taken my simple denim skirt and turned it into something fantasmagorical. And I love that she tucked in her shirt in the second photo for a different look. I would have thought to always hide the elastic, but this photo is making me think otherwise! So creative, that Lisbeth.
As a beginner sewist, I’m thrilled that not only does my creation FIT her, but she tells me that she loves it and finds it extremely comfortable. Whoo hoo! Sucess! Just the kind of encouragement every beginner needs.
Now, I’m guessing by now, you’re saying, “That’s all fine and dandy, Lauren, but do tell me more about this darling sister of yours!”
Why, I’d be delighted.
1) Lisbeth is my one and only sibling and is three years my junior, though we have gotten mistaken as twins or as each other on more than one occasion. She is so beautiful to me, inside and out, so of course, I consider these mistakes an honor!
2) She is the queen of accents and silly voices. You want Eastern European? Done. You want cockney, gov’na? Done and done. You want Michigan, doncha know? I think she invented that accent. Oh, and for several years, her voicemail recording was always sung to the tune of a song she was really into at the time. Your sadness at not reaching her was always assuaged by the sound of her melodious recorded voice.
3) Currently, she is in graduate school for Biblical Counseling, and in addition to that, she is a Zumba instructor! She can dance like it’s nobody’s business, and I’d like to think it all started when we were little, dancing to Sandi Patty medleys in our family room (yes, we have that on home video).
4) She takes fashion risks, especially in the shoe arena. One time she wore water shoes (yes, the kind you wear in the ocean) into NYC because I suggested it in passing, not thinking she’d take me seriously. You can imagine my delight when I realized she was rocking them with pride while we were on the train into the city. I think water shoes became a brief trend in New York after that.
5) She has her own WordPress blog called Squeeze it Into Little Inkdrops, which never ceases to wow me. It’s chock full of inspirational quotes, stories, scripture, images, video, music. You’re bound to walk away with a lifted spirit after a visit. Go check out her stunning autumn photo collage and prepare to become her newest follower.
I love my sister – – and look forward to making her many more wearable items.
Happy Friday, everyone. Let the weekend begin!